Friday, November 2, 2012

Hi everyone,
 Well I hope you all had a great Halloween!

  This year was one of our best Halloween's, we did things a little different, we built a campfire in the back yard and roasted marshmellows and hot dogs and had home-made chili and hot apple cider, "yum"

I have really been enjoying my fall decorations this year but now that Halloween is over I am looking forward to taking them all down and start putting up Christmas!!!

 I am so excited to start my Christmas decorating and I am planning on making some changes this year so you will have to stay tuned and see how things come together.

 I will be posting pictures soon and hopefully keep updating as things progress.

 I thought I would show a couple of pictures of our trees from previous years just to get us started.

 This is our Country Tree that I did one year in our basement family room.
I decorated it with burlap bows and a burlap tree skirt. I wrapped some of the gifts in browm paper with red bows.
 I tried to keep everything mostly in the red and tan or brown colors.




And here is a picture of our Gold and White Tree in our formal that same year.



I have a few new ideas that I want to try this year I hope I can make them all work.

 I can't wait to see how you all decorate and get ready for the holidays.

The thing I love almost as much as decorating our home is cooking and holiday baking!!! (It's probably because I like eating so well:) I hope to find time for more blogging so I can share some of my favorite recipes!

 With so much to do I had better get started!

So I am going to put on my favorite Christmas CD and start putting away the fall decor so I can pull out  Christmas.

 Check back soon.....
~Hugs~
Denise

 

No comments:

Post a Comment