Wednesday, November 28, 2012

~A peek of our downstairs tree~

Hi Everyone,
 The decorating is continuing on here at Our Little Acorn Cottage!
Today I thought I would share some pictures of our Christmas Tree in our basement.
 I guess you could call the theme in our downstairs family room "Rustic."
We do have a bit of a wildlife theme going on which suits my family quite well.

 I used burlap fabric again this year but I tried something new, I ran strips of burlap around the tree and puffed it out in places like you would if you were using mesh. (Oh, by the way, you can buy mesh that looks like burlap now and I think it would look great and be easier to work with then the fabric.)

My husband and our 5 boys all LOVE the outdoors. They all LOVE to hunt and my Hubby Kent has a side job as a Hunting Guide. So here are a few pictures of our family room tree. Hope you like them.





I also made our family Christmas stockings with wildlife animals appliqued on them.


Even though our older sons, Dustin, Garrett and Chase have all moved out of our home, we hang their stockings along with one for Garretts sweet wife Kaylee at our house and Jolly Old Santa fills them every year:)

Well I hope you have enjoyed this peek at our family room tree and stockings!
 Santa usually delivers our families gifts under this tree and we love sitting down here next to a warm fire burning in our wood burning stove drinking hot apple cider and opening gifts!
(Also, for me, it's nice to have the mess downstairs and that way the upstairs rooms stay somewhat intact.)

 Thanks for stopping by and I will post pictures of my other trees soon.

~Hugs~
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment