Wednesday, August 22, 2012

More Fall ;)

Hi everyone, Here are just a few of my fall decorations. This is just a start. Tomorrow my Mom and my Sister and I are going shopping and out to lunch so I am hoping to find some more cute things to add to my fall decor. As I said before, I Love Fall! But, Halloween?!...I am NOT a fan. I do really enjoy fall though. I am hoping to get a new camra soon. The pictures I have been taking with my little camra are not turning out very good at all, sorry.

Along with decorating I LOVE to cook and bake! I have been getting some yummy recipes off of Pintrest and so far we have been happy with every new recipe that I have made. This is a Snickers Cake that I made recently for my daughter-in-law Kaylee for her birthday. We all loved it!
If you are interested in the recipe here it is:
                                                         SNICKERS CAKE
1 German Chocolate Cake Mix- Mix ingredients as directed on the cake mix box.
1 14oz bag of Kraft Caramels
1/4 Cup milk
1/3 Cup butter
1-2 Cups chocolate chips
1 Cup pecans
Directions: Mix together cake mix as directed on the box.
 Pour half of the batter into a greased 9x13 baking dich and bake 350 degrees for 19 minutes.
While it bakes, unwrap all of the caramels. (I actually cheated and bought caramel chips. It saved me so much time because they are small and not wrapped and they melt down really fast. Unlike the Kraft caramels.)
Put the caramels, milk, and butter in a sauce pan and melt over low heat stirring constantly until caramel is melted and smooth.
Pour the caramel on the cake as soon as it is done baking.
 Sprinkle the chocolate chips and pecans on top of caramel.
 Spread the remaining half of prepared cake mix batter on top.
 Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
When cake is cool, put some chopped up Snickers bars on top and then drizzle caramel ice cream topping and chocolate ice cream topping over the Snickers bars. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment